Welcome to this, the official site for all information on croquet under the aegis of the South African
Croquet Association, providing an outlet for all National and Provincial Associations, along with
information on all clubs.
World Croquet Day
The World Croquet Federation (WCF) is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this May.
There has been some debate as to how this should be commemorated. The result is as follows:
- The WCF President, Amir Ramsis, has presented some special medallions to be awarded to each country's Association and Golf Open Singles Champions at their 2014 Nationals.
- A World Croquet Day has been created to be celebrated on 3 May each year. The idea is that Associations and Clubs will each decide how to mark the occasion. Obviously there is very little time for planning much for this year, but some clubs may be able to link it to tournaments or open days already planned for that weekend.
South African Croquet Assn
14 April 2014
Open GC Day 27th March - Rondebosch Croquet Club
Our first Open day for Gateball and Croquet on the 27th March was a resounding success and was supported by players from Rondebosch , Greyton ,Somerset West and Kelvin Grove. We had a group of 13 children coming from Marsh Memorial homes with hot dogs and cool drinks provided, and fun had by all.
Barry Wiesner from Greyton was great with the kids and had them running round really excited and focused! Of course they are all keen to make it a regular event, which we shall endeavour to do monthly. There were a couple of children that were spotted as being very good on the croquet side, in fact the one boy of about 12 was gifted, confidently hitting away from 20-25 meters. We shall look into possible sponsorship for him to play more regularly, if he is interested.
Our next event is on the 3rd May 2014 from 9 - 12:00 all are welcome.This a great opportunity to promote an amazing game.
SCCA Golf Tournament
Southern Cape Croquet Associations first annual five day Golf Croquet Championships Tournament, which also included the celebration of the Rondebosch Croquet Clubs centenary 1914 - 2014-
We are most honoured to have joined us on this occasion by Councillor Matthew Kempthorne, who has greatly supported me over the last five years and will later present the various prizes.Greyton Croquet and Gateball promotional and fundraising day - April 12th.
We are busy preparing a rather bumpy full size court at the wonderful Oaks Estate near Greyton for a fun day of croquet and so much more
Greyton Croquet Open Day
Greyton Croquet and Gateball promotional and fundraising day - April 12th.
We are busy preparing a rather bumpy full size court at the wonderful Oaks Estate near Greyton for a fun day of croquet and so much more.
Report on Gauteng Tournaments - 2013
Two tournaments were recently held in Gauteng. On 26/27th October, the Open Door trophy was played for. This is for the top 8 or 10 golf croquet players in the province.
The following weekend, the Gauteng Association Croquet tournament was held. This included a visitor from Australia, James Temlett.
For both tournaments lawns A and B were used and the courts were fast and the weather was hot. Results were as follows:
- 2013 Association Nationals (11 - 16 Nov 2013)
- 2013 Golf Nationals (18 - 23 Nov 2013)
- Brand new Croquet Club launched in Gauteng
- Somerset West – new residents
- Somerset West & Greyton
- Reg Bamford Wins Gc World Champs
- Highlander a huge success
- Ian Gillespie - Obituary
- Gauteng Golf Croquet Tournament
- Golf Croquet “WORLD CUP” Played in Johannesburg